მოისმინეთ აუდიო და წაიკითხეთ ტექსტი. გაკვეთილის ბოლოს მოცემულია სპეციალური სავარჯიშოები, რომლითაც შეგიძლიათ თქვენი ცოდნა შეამოწმოთ.
Do teenagers worry about their weight? Over 32% of American children are overweight. In the book, “Weight Loss Confidential” by Anne Fletcher, a teenage boy said, “I worried about clothes making me look fat. What did other people think of me? I especially worried about old friends seeing the weight I gained.”
Overweight kids can become depressed. Others can think they’re lazy. Obesity can cause “adult” diseases like heart problems, diabetes, and breathing and bone problems.
The Five Best Ways to Start Losing Weight
1. Don’t do it alone. Join an exercise group. Find a weight loss website like caloriecount.com. You need support.
2. Exercise. Exercise at least three times a week or more.
3. Know which foods are good, and which are bad.
4. Don’t skip meals. Have small meals, instead.
5. When you want to eat something bad, ask yourself this question: Will I be happier after I eat this chocolate cake, or after I lose weight, and feel great?
Foods: Good Or Bad?
- Potato chips
- Cake, cookies, or pie
- Fast food hamburgers and fries
- Fresh fruit with yogurt
- Baked fish with steamed vegetables
- Chocolate almond milk